Thursday, January 29, 2015

Real People, Real Results: Maria's 21 Day Fix Experience

Today, I'd like to introduce you to Maria! I've known Maria since high school, and we were fortunate enough to reconnect after the birth of our daughters. She joined my Mommy Makeover group a few months ago using the 21 Day Fix program, and she hasn't looked back since! She's a full-time working mom with a crazy schedule and she doesn't really have the time but she MAKES the time to take care of her health every. single. day. for her family. She is such an inspiration and I'm so happy to share her story with you.




"Before I started the 21 Day Fix, I was 'skinny fat.' I was somewhere close to my pre-baby weight but I was not toned at all and I felt so sluggish. I was working out regularly on my own, but I hadn’t changed my eating habits - so while my clothes fit ok, I still didn't feel good in them. I wasn't very confident in the way I looked and I had lost a sense of who I was (other than being a working mom and a wife).

I went to high school with Cheyenne. I knew she was a Beachbody coach and I trusted her. So when she posted on Facebook about a 21 Day Fix Mommy Makeover group, I was IN. The workouts looked my like 'my kind' of workout and I knew the containers would help with my portion control - I ate WAY TOO MUCH rice!

It wasn't hard getting into a routine because I was on summer break and I was pretty used to following a workout routine. The portion control was a little hard at first because the decrease in bread and rice was drastic (for me). But, I stayed strong! Though it was difficult for me (I LOVE carbs!) I stuck to my meal plan and drank Shakeology every day for lunch.

I appreciated how Cheyenne’s group kept me accountable. There was no judgment and I was encouraged when the other members of the group liked my posts and even thought of me as motivation! The group really helped give me my confidence back. And I LOVE the 21 Day Fix! I love the variety, the use of weights. The moves are simple but VERY effective. I appreciate being able to eat anything as long as it fits in those containers. I really love that I'm now in my eighth round and I still feel sore the day after a workout.

I was already close to my goal weight when I started, but now I'm more toned and have built muscle, and I’ve maintained my results (I lost 4 pounds and 11 inches). I feel more confident and I think I look more confident. I look thinner and I like when someone tells me I look great, lol! I'm also not as tired and I feel like I can do anything after I get through a workout.

Being a working mom, I wake up at 4:30am to get my workout done first thing in the morning. I bring a Fix-approved breakfast to work, have my Shakeology for lunch and I eat a Fix-approved dinner with snacks in between. I would honestly recommend this program to ANYONE – beginner to advanced. There's a modifier for all the moves, so I can see people in their 20's and people in their 60's doing this program! I'd recommend this program to anyone from my bestie to my mother-in-law."


I think her face here says it all!

She is such an inspiration and she's dedicated herself to paying it forward as a coach herself, so that she can share her passion with others. If you'd like to support her on her fitness journey, check out her Instagram page @marifit86! She's got some awesome videos up there ladies!!



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment