Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Quick and Easy 21 Day Fix Lunch Salad



I love using the 21 Day Fix containers -- especially for preparing my salads because I know I'm getting the right balance of foods throughout the day. Here's a tasty salad I whipped up yesterday in about a minute.

  • 1 green container - Baby Spinach
  • 1 purple container - Seedless Red Grapes
  • 1 red container - Grilled Chicken Breast 
  • 1 blue container - Crumbled Feta
  • 1 orange container - Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe below) 

Whenever we make chicken for dinner, I always throw a couple of extra pieces on the grill and keep them in the fridge to add to salads during the week, which makes everything so much easier! I love this salad for a couple of reasons. Not only does it have the perfect balance of sweet (grapes) and tangy (dressing), it's the right balance of wet foods (grapes & spinach) to dry foods (grilled chicken & feta). Yea... as weird as it sounds, the texture of my foods is really important to me and I often find myself craving "wet" foods -- most likely because I don't drink as much water as I should during the day. Does that make me weird?! Does anyone else crave wet foods? lol


Balsamic Vinaigrette

  • 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. raw honey
  • 2 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 6 Tbsp. EVOO
Combine vingar, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Stir in mustard; mix well.  Slowly add in oil while whisking; mix well. 


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment