Thursday, January 15, 2015

Healthy Recipe: Quick n' Easy Greek Omelette

I enjoy drinking chocolate Shakeology for breakfast on most days, but I have always been a lover of breakfast foods. So every once in a while, I make breakfast for lunch. Because you know what? I do what I want!

Here's a perfectly easy-to-make omelette I threw together with ingredients I already had in my kitchen.


Ingredients 

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 Cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
  • 1 cup baby spinach leaves
  • 2 Tbsp. of feta cheese crumbles
  • 1 slice of whole wheat bread
  • Coconut oil
  • Salt and pepper

Instructions

Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat, add cherry tomato halves and spinach leaves and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. While veggies are cooking, beat 2 eggs a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. When Veggies are soft, pour eggs into pan and let cook until bottom is solid enough to fold the omelette in half. Before folding the omelette, spring feta cheese on top. Fold in half and let it cook until egg liquid stops dripping out, then flip it over and cook the other side until done. Serve with one slice of whole wheat toast smeared with coconut oil.

This was my first time cooking my eggs in coconut oil as well as using the oil as a butter substitute on my toast, and I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised! This is a 21 Day Fix approved recipe just use your green container for the spinach and tomatoes and your blue container for the cheese. And I know it is approved for a fact because Ms. Autumn Calabrese herself liked my post about it on Facebook!



You see, me and Autumn go way back - lol.

At Beachbody Coach Summit 2014 in Las Vegas.
Let me know how you like the omelette in the comments! And if you have other great meals using coconut oil, I'd love to hear them!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment