Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Healthy Snack: Fresh & Fruity Porridge Parfait



If you are anything like me, you like to snack... all. day. long. I think I actually eat more than my husband on most days. So what's the key to keeping the snacking in check? I make sure I have lots of healthy options on hand to choose from during the day. And I don't mean celery sticks and carrots. I like snacks that taste like dessert :)

This parfait is a good one because you can make a batch of 6 servings on Sunday night and have it for the week. The hardest part is grating the apples, but even that only takes a few minutes. Apparently, the photo below is what this was supposed to look like, but even though mine was lacking in presentation, it definitely wasn't lacking in flavor!



Ingredients

  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 3 cups plain yogurt (I cheated and used vanilla because that's what I had in the house)
  • 3 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
  • 2 large apples, grated 
  • 1 cup of mixed fruit (I used blueberries and chopped strawberries)

Directions

Combine the dry oats, yogurt, honey or syrup, grated apples, and mixed fruit in a bowl. Divide evenly  among six 8-oz mason jars or other small containers, cover with lids, and refrigerate over night.

[Recipe credit: Experience L!fe Magazine]

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment