Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fashionable Fitness - Fabletics Review


I am one of those people who cares what I look like when I'm working out. Even though I usually workout at home... alone... in my basement... having a cute outfit on somehow makes me feel more capable. It's like putting on a power suit for a big job interview - when you're dressed for the role you want, you have a much better chance of getting it!

That said, I am THE WORST when it comes to putting outfits together. I'll have an idea of what I want in my head, but then when I walk into a sporting goods store like Sports Authority or Dick's I feel like a deer caught in headlights. There are so many options, not to mention -- workout clothes can be super expensive!

ENTER FABLETICS!

I usually don't like to order clothes online without being able to try them on first -- especially from a new company I've never seen in person. But when a fellow Beachbody coach recommended the site to me, I decided to give it a try.

Fabletics is a service that provides monthly personalized athletic clothing recommendations. What I really love about it is that it's totally flexible. You can view your selections online on the first of each month, then you have about a week to decide if you want to make a purchase, or skip the month. So easy and no obligation to have to buy something you don'y absolutely love!

After answering a few questions about my personal style, exercise habits and taste, I was given a selection of about 65 COMPLETE OUTFITS to choose from. The site was offering a 50% Fabletics new member discount too, meaning I could choose one of these complete outfits for only $24.95! PLUS free shipping and exchanges -- SCORE!

I am VERY picky about clothes but surprisingly I found many of the outfits to be super cute and a good match for my personal taste! Here are a few of the site's picks for me that I loved:



But ultimately, I decided on this adorable three piece set:

I wasn't too sure on the sizing. I normally wear a size 2, but Fabletics has size 2 listed as XXS which seemed like it would be really tiny so I went with the Size 4/XS. I love that the site offers free exchanges, so I didn't have to stress about it too much. It it didn't fit I could easily switch it for the right size.

I was super excited to receive my first delivery in the mail. For those who are interested in the type of packaging, nothing fancy here like some other monthly clothing sites, just plastic bags. Not a big deal for me though. What really matters is what's inside!


I was delighted to find that the clothes fit well and were a great quality. The pants are a thicker fabric than I am used to but they smooth everything out and hide any trace of cellulite. Nothing will be jiggling in these bad boys! They also have a small pocket sewn into the waist band that will fit your money, ID, a key, etc...


I was really surprised by how soft and comfortable the clothes are too - they feel like you're wearing pajamas and even though the clothes are fitted, they have plenty of give for the PiYo workouts I am currently doing.



Overall, I was impressed with Fabletics and I'm really looking forward to seeing my next set of outfit recommendations on the 1st! Even at the full price of $50 per outfit, you really can't go wrong!

If you'd like to try Fabletics and get 50% your first order, use this link.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment