Wednesday, March 12, 2014

P90X3 Approved Lunch Salad Recipe

I threw together this quick and easy salad for lunch today. It fits perfectly into the  P90X3 nutrition program, requires very little chopping/preparation, and it was so delicious!


I am on Plan B of the P90X3 daily meal plan, which means I should eat 1 protein, 3 carbs and 1 fat for lunch (this is also the lunch breakdown for Plan A). So this is what my ingredients list looked like:

Fat: 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil

Protein: 2 oz. grilled chicken breast (I didn't have any chicken on hand, so I just ate a cup of yogurt on the side. You could also use 5 hardboiled egg whites instead of chicken)

Carbs: 1/3 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas); 1/3 cup brown rice (you could also use quinoa); 1 bowl of raw baby spinach; 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved

"Free" foods: fresh lemon juice and ground cumin

Just mix your carbs and proteins together in a bowl, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top, sprinkle with cumin and drizzle on the EVOO! Perfection!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment