Thursday, January 23, 2014

4 Common Misconceptions about Beachbody Coaching

I honestly love being a Beachbody coach and I talk to people about it all the time. I've heard some interesting responses ranging from "I could never do that, I hate selling" to "I wish I had time to do something like that!" So today I wanted to take a minute to debunk four of the most common myths I hear about Beachbody Coaching.

Myth #1. You need to be a "sales person"

When you love a product or service, you become passionate about sharing it with other people. For example, if you saw a good movie, ate at a fantastic restaurant or tried an awesome new beauty product, you'd tell your friends about it - right? Well, Beachbody coaching is no different - except that you earn at least 25% commission when anyone you tell decides to purchase it too. As a coach, I simply share my own story and the stories of others who have used and seen results from Beachbody products.

Myth #2. You don't have enough time to be a coach

By no means is Beachbody a "get rich quick" scheme. You will get out of it what you put in. That said, it is not a business that requires a lot of time. There are several coaches on my team alone who started their coaching business in a few hours a week (while working their FT day jobs) and have been able to surpass their full-time salaries with Beachbody in only a year.

Myth #3. Only fitness experts can be coaches 

As mentioned above, the secret sauce of this business is sharing your own story and journey with others. People won't want to buy from you because you are in great shape. They will want to buy from you because they can relate to your personal story and are excited about the results you have seen so far! They'll realize that anyone will see results if they work hard and stay committed. All you need is a desire to help others.

Myth # 4. Beachbody is a pyramid scheme

A pyramid scheme is a fraudulent and ILLEGAL business model where people are recruited to "invest" their money for the opportunity to, in return, profit from others whom they recruit to "invest" and from those who are subsequently recruited. In contrast, Beachbody is a Network Marketing company that allows the people who use and love its products to share their story with the world and earn commission (and other benefits) as independent distributors. The reason Beachbody is sometimes mistakenly referred to as a "pyramid scheme" is because coaches are compensated, not only for the sales they personally generate, but also for the sales made by other coaches they recruit. The important distinction it that in a pyramid scheme, people are deceived into believing that they will make money by giving money;  however, no wealth has been created, no product has been sold, no real investment has been made, and no service has been provided (Investopedia).

The common saying is "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life," and that is how I feel about Beachbody. I earn a paycheck for doing my best to live a healthy lifestyle, and sharing my experience with others. Check out my Coaching Opportunity page for more on why I love being a Beachbody coach. Are you considering becoming a Beachbody coach, but have more questions about it? I'm happy to help! Just send me a message.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment